How do i max out CPU and GPU usage ?

As you can see i am only using about 50%  CPU and GPU usage, how can i increase both to like 75% +  ?121212.thumb.png.9129a647a0803408bb96a32c2d7b472d.png

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Agreed, most posts I've seen are seeking ways to decrease CPU/GPU percentages' If you are already playing the sim at Ultra settings, that's as good as it's gonna get. Hang tight for MSFS2024 as see how that changes things .

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln     Self-built Desktop-Montech 903 max case, B550A Pro mb,Ryzen 7-5700X3D, RX6750XT,64GB RAM, 2x1TB NVMe M.2, 500 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, Grassmonkey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I run the GeForce Experience performance monitor overlay that shows GPU and CPU percentage use as well as other things like GPU power consumption and temps. I also run CPUIZ's HW Monitor on the desktop which logs minimum, current, and peak power and percentages as well as temps for both the CPU and GPU as well as system memory. It fluctuates greatly between high altitude and low altitude in dense scenery and heavy cloud/rain/snow weather.

I see you are running a 3080 and 1440p monitor. Hook it up to a 4K monitor and crank up the detail settings and you'll see your GPU usage go through the roof! And heat coming out the back of the PC. FYI I have my monitor G-Synced and in the game V-sync capped at 60fps. I dip down into the upper 30s in high density low altitude scenery in stormy IFR weather. Much of the scenery in larger populated areas and airports being aftermarket add-ons.

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Check your MSI Z490 mobo specs for the latest gen CPU and RAM, then upgrade them both. Keep the RTX 3080, at 10gb GDDR6X it should be good for a few years to come!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You're already maxing out your CPU without realising it. Keep in mind that your CPU has 8 cores. For it to be used 100%, each of the 8 cores would need to be used 100%. Stated differently, if 4 of your 8 cores were used 100%, your overall CPU usage would be 50%; and if 1 of your 8 cores is used 100%, the CPU usage would be 12-13%. Get the idea?

Very few software out there is even able to use 100% of your CPU and MSFS is no different. It will typically use 1-4 cores , which will give an 8-core like yours about 50% usage. So now that it's (hopefully) clear that the sim is using your CPU to the maximum that it can; it should be clear that it's holding your GPU back - which is why it's usage is less than 100%.

MSFS2024 is supposed apparently going to use a lot more cores, which will allow your GPU to be used to a greater extent.

Hope that made some sense!

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5700X3D, 32 GB 3600 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700XT , 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

If you open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) while MSFS is running and select Performance it shows a summary of how your system is working. If you then click on CPU it shows how much work each of your threads is doing; most likely one is doing all the work as MSFS currently is only optimised to do that. If you average out what each thread is doing that gives you the overall performance of the CPU. Your GPU will be waiting for the CPU............

We're told MSFS2024 has much better thread optimisation so hopefully it will use more of the threads allowing our CPUs to achieve their potential - and of course give us a much better performance experience. That'll really be the only reason I'll buy 2024!