XP12 External view

Ptrcam

Hi,

I'm just getting started with XP12 And I'm stuck on setting an external view.

My experience is with FSX,  in the spot view exterior I can use a hat-switch to rotate the view around the aircraft but I can't figure out how to replicate this in XP12.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

W11 Home. Intel Corei7-14700K 3.4Ghz 28cpu.

Nvidia Geforce RTX4040Ti Super. ASUS ROG Strix B650 Mobo.

1 TB Samsung 990m2 SSD.

Hi Peter and everyone.

XP has many options to choose / assign / use. Start with the Top line > Menu>views, it has the basics and some keys that they are assigned to, can be used.

The most common is the Hold and Drag the Right mouse button, in both Internal / Cockpit, and External views.

The JStick Hat can be assigned to all directions, see Settings>JStick.

The most practical, at least for me, are the assignments to the Ctrl+NumPad (NumLock On)+0 trough 9. These can be assigned by selecting any position / view and Hold Ctrl+Any 0-9 and to recall just press the Key number you assigned that view to. You can select / adjust the views by using many keyboard keys, E, Q, R, F, Up / Down Arrow, Period, Comma. Field of View....

I also wrote and use a LUA script, included, where I can assign multiple  views, and Cycle through them by using a single JStick button. Note: You must have FlyWithLua installed to use it.

Other options exist post here if you need / want more info. I suggest you start with the Graphics Settings in a lower settings, in particular Objects, Clods, 3D, AA, AF, Distance, given your system specs, and work your way up and try to get at least 30FPs for a good experience, that can be difficult if you use 4K resolution.

Post here for more info.

CycleCmdsUse.lua.txt

Thanks for your reply.

Scripts are something new to me so I'll have a look at FlyWithLua.

Regarding your comments about graphics I used Nvidia Inspector to control settings in FSX, is this recommended for XP12?

1 TB Samsung 990m2 SSD.

Hi.

I did not find NI to make a significant difference in the FPS or the quality of the display. There are some changes that you can try, none that can work specifically for all / any specific system that I could find.

The best friends that XP has is LUA and Ortho4XP. Without them I would not be using XP at all.

Setting in XP is the best place to start then learn about DataRefs, Scripts>Ortho. In order to use the DataRefs you will need  ....\Resources\plugins\DataRefEditor,  some Commands and DataRefs can be found there also, and there is another app DataRefTool that you can add to make things easier.

For now I would start with just XP>Settings and get a combination that you are happy with target about 35+ FPS then move on to more changes.

I posted here a setting that works for most people that I interface with that you may want to see if it works for you. At the 1080P your system should do well, as you go beyond you will likely not be happy with the performance.

On thing to keep in mind, There is No system that can run XP12 well at max settings. It's very inefficient, code spread all over, features that they try to implement, that they do not understand the basics of... that cause a lot of problems for users, at least for last year.

The most likely version that somewhat worked was 1209RC5, but none are working well. The best is to use XP11.

Take it slow and try to enjoy it, which can be difficult given all the issues you have to deal with.

XP12MinSet.jpg

Got the view problem sorted and set the graphics as per your screenshot.

I tested at Bristol (fairly simple airport) and then at heathrow in both cases the FPS flickered around 59/60, satisfied with that at the moment.

As I get more comfortable with XP I'll start moving sliders right until I find the acceptable limit.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

1 TB Samsung 990m2 SSD.

Hi Peter.

That is a very good start.

XP does not have many  Ground reference objects and at some point, when you get tired of the square roads and boring textures, you may want to look into Ortho4XP to get some better rendering, more recognizable terrain, of the real World. See ac couple of pics included.

The 1212RC1  was just release but there has not been ANY improvements in the Flight model. specifically C172 which is the only real tool they have, since 1203, unless you are into Replays, speak German... not worth the time and effort.

The best version to use as a tool, is still XP1155RC1 that has a readable instrument panel, more efficient code, and with the some mods you can practice, commercial maneuvers... using the C172.

Post here if and when you get into LUA, Ortho... Good luck.

C172ORTHO.jpg

C172XP11DEFLT.jpg