Microsoft Flight Simulator GOLD EDITION Activation please.

Hi yorgen,  Sorry, It would seem that I have upset you.  That was not my Intention!

I will plod on on my own.

Thanks for all the help anyway.

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

15 hours ago, pcohen said:

I don't want to mess this up.  there are a couple of C++ redistributables" and several that are no longer supported.

These are the various "Visual Basic" runtime modules, aka DX.  You can, and usually do, have many installed at the same time, they do not interfere with each other, nor with the most recent that came with your OS.

This can simplify things for you-

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_redistributable_runtimes_aio_repack.html

While each new DX version is fully backwards compatible, not all software is forward compatible.  Prior to DX9 there were numerous small dll files each containing a few DX functions;  from DX9 on MS consolidated these into fewer, larger files. Newer programs, and a few older ones, call their DX functions by name only, so windows has no trouble finding them;  the issue arises when some older programs call the functions by path as well as name, now windows seeks a path which doesn't exist (unless you have the older DX installed), reports "file not found" and the program usually crashes.  With the older DX versions installed, windows will look in the most recent first, then work its way back til it finds what the program asked for.

Paul, I am not upset at all, I just suffer from what you could call the "Been there, done that, bought far too many T-Shirts" syndrome.

Meaning I have made tons of mistakes myself (still do it), tried to learn from them (still do that also), and hate to see others walk right into them, when it could be avoided. That's the old tech supporter in me, I guess.

As for those libraries, some people still develop add-ons for P3D (which from v. 4 on is 64-bit) that use the old 32-bit libraries.

And then, if like me you get around to convert older add-ons to use in P3D, then you really need those libraries.

A thing to ponder for you: how old are the add-ons you have mentioned - UTX and the Concorde? Old enough to use those old, now unsupported libraries? Unsupported does not necessarily mean that they don't work any more, or that their functions have been taken over by later libraries, just that Microshaft does not want to put in the support effort any more, like with Windows 7...

Also read the comment by jgf carefully, what he says there applies not only to DX, but to all libraries.

Jorgen

Hi jorgen, thanksfor reply.

AS you have already worked out by now, I'm totally useless with Computers.

What ever happened to the Load & Play Days, modern technology I guess?

I Downloaded and Installed Visual Basics & .NET 6.0 (.NET 8 Available from Today for Developers.) Guess this ones not for me?

Thought I had FSX-SE working again but It only ran for Just an Hour.

Just a Silly thought, this always seems to  happen when I'm changing
Screens with the Mouse from Cockpit View, Outside View, ATC & Map etc. etc. All of which are a Combination Of Mouse & Keyboard.

Could I be Using the Mouse to quickly, just a thought anyway.

thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi jorgen.  New Number for you please.

"0x8007045b"  Two logged the same Time:-  10:41:49

Hope this is OK.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

FSX can be overloaded when you "over-saturate" it with too many inputs too quickly, but I have not had that happen to me (as far as I recall).

A similar thing happened to a real-life prototype Saab JAS-39 Gripen during a display over Stockholm (available on YouTube). The pilot, Lars Rådeström, ejected safely. Interestingly, the very same pilot earlier also crashed another prototype Gripen on one of its very first flights in Linköping, then suffering a broken arm (also available on YouTube).

And not to worry, we were ALL (each and every one of us) more or less useless with computers, until we gained that very useful, but elusive thing called experience. You'll get there, you have already started!

But: in your signature, the first line says Windows 10 2020. Is that "2020" the Windows version?

Jorgen

For the new exception code, look at this page:

https://www.google.com/search?q=exception+code+0x8007045b&oq=exception+code+0x8007045b&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCTEyNTA0ajBqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Especially the entry from MiniTool (the first linkon the page).

And how do I find these? Elementary, my dear Watson, search the web for the exception code.

Jorgen

That's OK if your good at searching the web.

This One  maybe of more use?  "Volume Shadow Copy Service Information.
The Com Server with CLSID (4e14fba 
2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345) and name
CEventSystem cannot be started. (0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress)

This was the Second Error in the log at the same Time 10:41:49.

Regarding your Windows question It Is  Windows 10 Home Version 22H2.

Not sure now how long ago It was, but purchased It on a Dongle which Also Included Windows 11.

Which I'm told  wil not work on my computer because something called TPM is not Installed.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Do the Way 1 instructions from MiniTool first.

There are ways of installing Windows 11 on what Microsoft calls "unsupported hardware", but I would not go there if I were you.

I stay away from Win 11 myself, and plan on staying away for a long time - until Microsoft comes out with something better.

Jorgen

Hi Jorgen, quite agree with you.

I Installed Windows 11 on my Laptop,  Laptop was already slow  and Windows 11 seemed to slow it down even more.

But was not  Impressed with what I saw anyway, so reverted back to Windows 10.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

And yet Windows 11 is working extremely well on my laptop, Windows 11, Ryzen 7 16GB RAM!

Certainly not slow at all. My flight sims, FS2004 & P3Dv4.5 work smoother on Windows 11 than they did on Windows 10.

Doing a full Window 11 update instead of upgrading from Windows 11 is recommended.

My laptop is now 2 years old, and Windows 11 has never given any issues. I always keep it up to date with all updates.

Trying Windows 11 on older hardware is obviously an issue, as the operating system, being newish (about 2 years old) is optimized for newer hardware.

I've modded Window 11 to what I want, changing the Start Menu & using a menu system called  'Quick Access Popup', which, my pressing the wheel of my mouse, pulls up a user defined menu, so I hardly use the Start menu at all.

To each their own, I suppose.

Hi wobble.

My Laptop specs are as follows:-

ASUS  VivoBook

Device name     Desktop L- 10D256

Processor           Intel(R) Core(TM) 13-1005G1 CPU@ 1.29GHz 1.19GHz

Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7,75 GB usable)

I think ours are pretty similar apart from yours Is a 16GB and mines an 8GB.

It takes forever to fire up when I start It.  and when opening Files, well, might 

as well go and make a cup of coffee.

Or in my Sons Words "here you are dad, now I have a new Computer you can

have my Laptop.  But be warned It Is very slow!

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.