Is it possible to convert sceneries from MSFS or X Plane to FSX?

I have converted sceneries from FS2004 and P3Dv4 to make it work in FSX as there isn't that much good sceneries for those airports, so I decided to use MCX and ADE to convert the airports.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but it's FS2004 causing the problems most of the time. Then I get a thought, if I just convert sceneries from X Plane 11/12 or Microsoft Flight Simulator to FSX:SE using MCX and ADE, would it work? or just crash the sim? I ask anybody out there who tried this idea before. Thanks!

Forward conversions of any files, such as from FS2004 to FSX, usually work;  backwards conversion, from FSX to FS2004, rarely work because the newer files use different conventions and parameters that are often not compatible with older software.

Another consideration is the image resolution is higher in each successive version of FS;  converting a new image to a lower resolution may not then appear much better than the older defaults.

But there is no hard and fast rule of what works and what doesn't.  Ultimately it's trial and error.