PMDG 777 How to set fuel?

The title says it all.  The software is awesome but when setting the fuel in MSFS, I don't get the same fuel reading on the aircraft when I boot up my flight.  So far, I always get about 160,000 pounds, too much for a three hour flight.  I'm not using Navigraph.  I'm 767 rated and am doing my own thing here.  I can't find anything in the CDU that will help.  I'm probably missing something simple...thoughts?

2 hours ago, dbauder said:

The title says it all.  The software is awesome but when setting the fuel in MSFS, I don't get the same fuel reading on the aircraft when I boot up my flight.  So far, I always get about 160,000 pounds, too much for a three hour flight.  I'm not using Navigraph.  I'm 767 rated and am doing my own thing here.  I can't find anything in the CDU that will help.  I'm probably missing something simple...thoughts?

I read somewhere that you have to set fuel in the CDU, not through the Sim.  It's set up for input from Navigraph but you can still type it in manually.  

I am learning this as I go and find the 777 automation challenging but it's a great learning experience. 

On 7/10/2024 at 8:26 PM, alanpugh said:

I read somewhere that you have to set fuel in the CDU, not through the Sim.  It's set up for input from Navigraph but you can still type it in manually.  

I am learning this as I go and find the 777 automation challenging but it's a great learning experience. 

That was it...In the CDU, hit 'FS SETUP' and then 'FUEL'.  Type in the fuel you want and press the 1L key, upper left, voila!