OnCourse Software - PF3 - ATC At Its Best!

BONDENO

Has anyone had experience of OnCourse Software - PF3 - ATC At Its Best!

If so is it easy to use and can you use it on default fs9 planes, it says it keeps AI planes also separated .

Or anything else i should know as i use default flight-plans within fs9

Thank You

It is quite different to the default ATC system so I would hesitate to use the word "easy" for a new user. Nevertheless, it is a very advanced piece of software with a zillion options to suit all users. It works with default or custom AI traffic. I'm not aware it keeps AI planes separated but it might.

There are a huge range of voices and accents which link to parts of the world and airlines it recognises. The only issue there is that the voices were recorded many years ago and don't identify with newer airline callsigns.

I would recommend visiting their support forum OnCourse Software - Index page (ocs-support.co.uk) and also taking advantage of the free trial to get a picture of things. I have never seen a piece of software anywhere that has such incredible levels of support to help users on their way.

Even if it isn't your cup-of-tea, your original ATC and AI traffic will still be there and won't have been interfered with.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

59 minutes ago, johnhinson said:

It is quite different to the default ATC system so I would hesitate to use the word "easy" for a new user. Nevertheless, it is a very advanced piece of software with a zillion options to suit all users. It works with default or custom AI traffic. I'm not aware it keeps AI planes separated but it might.

There are a huge range of voices and accents which link to parts of the world and airlines it recognises. The only issue there is that the voices were recorded many years ago and don't identify with newer airline callsigns.

I would recommend visiting their support forum OnCourse Software - Index page (ocs-support.co.uk) and also taking advantage of the free trial to get a picture of things. I have never seen a piece of software anywhere that has such incredible levels of support to help users on their way.

Even if it isn't your cup-of-tea, your original ATC and AI traffic will still be there and won't have been interfered with.

John

Do you know if it requires online activation?

Mark Daniels

1 hour ago, Skywatcher12 said:

Do you know if it requires online activation?

Hi Mark,

If I remember rightly, the code you are issued allows a number of re-activations (ten, maybe) but you have to de-activate one before re-activating another so I guess that is a form of on-line activation. If you run out of activations, the developer willingly resets the allowance.

John

32 minutes ago, johnhinson said:

Hi Mark,

If I remember rightly, the code you are issued allows a number of re-activations (ten, maybe) but you have to de-activate one before re-activating another so I guess that is a form of on-line activation. If you run out of activations, the developer willingly resets the allowance.

John

Ok, thanks John. Just thinking long term for when the developer disappears. Not keen on anything requiring online activation unless it's super good.

Mark Daniels

9 hours ago, Skywatcher12 said:

Ok, thanks John. Just thinking long term for when the developer disappears. Not keen on anything requiring online activation unless it's super good.

Hi Mark,

Just had a quick exchange with Dave, the developer, and he confirms that arrangements are provided for to disable the on-line activation system when the time comes. As a backup against unexpected surprises, a few selected other users hold the necessary info too.

Best regards,

John

• Like 1

16 hours ago, johnhinson said:

Hi Mark,

Just had a quick exchange with Dave, the developer, and he confirms that arrangements are provided for to disable the on-line activation system when the time comes. As a backup against unexpected surprises, a few selected other users hold the necessary info too.

Best regards,

John

Thanks John.
I'm happy to buy products so that sounds great. I'm just not happy to rent till I'm thrown out by the landlord. haha

Mark Daniels

1 hour ago, Skywatcher12 said:

I'm happy to buy products so that sounds great. I'm just not happy to rent till I'm thrown out by the landlord. haha

Not at all unreasonable! I've probably already had my money's worth, anyway, as I bought it many years back.

But do try the free trial first.

J

• Like 1