Hi All,

Was hoping to get some assistance from you here. I have just installed flight sim on my PC and am finding it isn't performing as well as I thought it would. Graphics arnt great and the game is stuttering every now and then. I am running this on a Helios 300 laptop with a Nvidia RTX3070.

Is this graphics card capable of running this game well? Can anyone suggest how I can improve the experience? 

I am also running this through a TV via a hdmi cable. The laptop does have a miniDP but I've been told by nvidia that it makes no difference if I run the external display via hdmi or miniDP?

Would really appreciate your help and thank you.

It's really all to do with the graphic settings. The 3070 isn't the fastest GPU in the world but as long as you don't try to run everything at max you ought to be able to find a balance that works for you. People have got acceptable results on much lower specs and SU15 is supposed to have helped too. You also need a decent amount of RAM, 16GB is really the minimum.

TV is a samung frame TV 4K I believe. Is a standard HDMI cable suffice or do I need to be using a particular miniDP to cable to the TV? 

I already contacted Nvidia and they ran through a clean install of the latest drivers but doesn't seem to have made a difference. When I installed the game I set the graphics to ULTRA do I need to dial this back?

5 hours ago, Johnie_1 said:

TV is a samung frame TV 4K I believe. Is a standard HDMI cable suffice or do I need to be using a particular miniDP to cable to the TV? 

I already contacted Nvidia and they ran through a clean install of the latest drivers but doesn't seem to have made a difference. When I installed the game I set the graphics to ULTRA do I need to dial this back?

For 4k, you will need an HDMI cable rated for 4k@60Hz. Older HDMI cables from several years ago won't handle it properly. Think the ones you want are called Premium High Speed. The link below has some info on a couple options.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/best-hdmi-cable/

Yes, you will need to scale the graphics back. RTX 3070s aren't really aimed at 4k gaming, which is pretty demanding on the GPU.

Thanks. Do I need to buy a an active adaptor? I was going to purchase a miniDP1.4 to HDMI 2.1 active adaptor to use on the TV? These are quite expensive is there any advantages of using this?

And is there any advantage of using the miniDP output instead of the HDMI on the GPU?

Thank you!