How to properly delete add-ons?

Hi fellow simmers,

I've been trying to delete some add on aircraft .. so I deleted all files in the community folder .. and also content.xml file hidden deeply in the appdata folder .. but the strange thing is the add 9n aircraft still show in the selection menu ..

I've tried to delete them from the content manager ... but only aircraft developed be Asobo have the delete button available ... all other add on aircraft do not have the delete button when selected....

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Khaled

Hi, if they were bought/downloaded via the marketplace then you can remove them via the content manager. Some addons will be simply sat in your community folder and removing them from it will remove them from showing in the sim (once you exit the sim and relaunch it of course)

You may have installed some addons via an external “installer” - you would been to go into the “add/remove programs” in windows and uninstall them.

All addons will still show up in the sim though if it’s still running, until you exit the sim and relaunch it

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your suggestion

I've solved the issue .. I thought I should share it in here so it may help someone else facing the same issue ...

it turns out the confusion came from a 2nd copy I made so I can try all sorts of freeware downloaded add-ons without messing with my original copy ... but If I had had one copy .. and I want to remove the add-ons ... one can do the following

1- Empty the community folder

2- delete the contents of

C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages

3-delete content.xml in this path

C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

It worked for me

hope it helps someone

Khaled